Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Antalope Island

On Saturday May 7Th Dad, Mom , Me, Spencer, Nils and Skyler went out to Antelope Island. I have not been out there in Forever. I was nice to go back. When we pulled up to the gate the told us the there were a Ton of Biting Gnats. We did not think that it was going to be bad but Holy Cow they were every where. I am glad that I wore pants and brought a jacket. we were swatting them the whole time. I am sure if nobody knew what we were doing we would of looked like we have terrets. lol

We went up to the visitor center and looked around there and got some information. Then we went looking for the herd of bison. we went down to the Ranch. I had never been there before. it was really fun and interesting. Plus we met this really funny old man. The herd was not there.


This is Dad feeding one of the horses.


As we were driving back toward the Visitor Center we found the Herd. There were so so many it was crazy. We kept on driving and we found more.




Here is one that was on the Side of the road. So we had been joking about the State Farm Insurance Commercial where the 2 guys car gets attacked by a Buffalo(Bison) and when we saw one so close to the road we thought it would be funny if my car got attacked. (even thought we have Geico) So this BIG guy came really close to the car. My mom was egging it on. Luckily my car was not damaged.




We then headed to the other side of the Island to go play in the water. The whole time we were all amazed how low the lake was. The last time that I was there you just had to walk to the end of the sandy area and then there was water. Now you go past the sandy part and have to walk a mile to get out to the water. But along the way there were so so many flat rocks perfect for skipping.



Skipping Rock!

some of them went super far!


Then Nils and Skyler decided that the wanted to walk out and play in the water.




They hiked up their pants and started...



and they kept going....

and going.....


Until they were pretty far out there! It was fun to see them.




after the water we went home. My car was completely covered in bugs. there was like 2-3 layers of them. so me and mom dropped the boys off to shower and we went to wash the car. it took the power sprayer a few times to get them all off. Yuck. It was a great day!









No comments:

Post a Comment