Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Flat Tire

My front driver side tire over the past few months started looking low and last Saturday I went and put some air in it and then on Monday when I was on my way home from the gym I noticed it was low again. So i went back to the gas station and filled it up. I did not drive on it much and then yesterday I went outside to get into my car to run some errons and go and get my tire fixed... it was FLAT!

Now I know the basics of changing a tire but the idea of using the jack to lift the car scares me. I don't want to put it in the wrong place and have it fall or make the car tip over or something like that. So i called my cousin Ryan to see if he could help me. he was working and said it would be about 20 min. so I decided that i would just get things ready for him. I moved the stuff out of the trunk so i could get to the spare, I had to call DJ to figure out how to get the gold part off to get to the lug nuts. he told me and I went up and got my tools to get my hex thing to get it out. at this point my two roommates Emma and Brooke came out to help me. so the three of us are working on this. We get the Lug wrench and try to take the lug nuts off but realize that it does not fit. so we start looking at my tools to see if anything fit to take it off. after a few tries and failing my phone rings and it is DJ.. He asked "Why do you need to take that off?" I told him that I had a flat and needed to put on the spare. He then proceeded to tell me that I had special lug nuts that had a special thing to take them off and that it was in my glove box. I got it out and Brooke started to take them off but they were on there really good so she was jumping on it to loosen them it was funny. In the mean time Emma was reading the manual on where to place the jack (brave girl) we get it up and start to change it when some of my guy neighbors come out and ask us what we were doing. they start laughing and then offer to help us finish.

After the spare was on I went to Big O and they fixed my tire and they did not even charge me. :)

I really wish I had Video of all of this going down it was really funny:) But it makes a great memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment