Monday, November 15, 2010

Curtains

Spencer as "Oscar Shapiro"
The actual Broadway picture

Davis High School is doing "Curtains" the musical and my wonderfully talented brother Spencer is one of the leads. :)

I have not heard of this musical before and did not really know much about it but I have to say I LOVE IT!!!

The story line goes as follows... This production is about putting on a hit Broadway show and making it to the big time. at first the show is not going so well and might not make it...and then the leading lady is killed during the final bows... a detective comes to find the killer and keeps everybody in the theater.. this detective has a secret passion for the theater and would love to be in a Broadway show. as he is solving the murder he also helps the cast re wright the show and make the musical numbers flow a little more.. this show is also very very Funny!! a few of the characters have some great one liners. at one point i was crying because i was laughing so hard!
It was so much fun to see Spencer's friends in the play also... there was Dalton Facer, Shane Hickenlooper, Danny Cowser, Marissa Anderson, and our neighbor Matt Mathias and so many more people. They all did a great job.

I wish i could go back every night and see it. For anyone who can I totally recommend going and seeing it. It plays November 15,16,18,19, and 20Th.

1 comment:

  1. ugh!!! I'm so upset that I can't come up and see him! It just couldn't work out. I was totally planning on it then things kept coming up that I couldn't get away from. Please Please tell Spenc I'm sorry! I bet he's doing an amazing job!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete