Monday, December 6, 2010

Meltdowns

With working at the credit union and being inside grocery stores I witness thousands of children "melting down". They cry, scream, jump up and down in the cart, crawl on the floor and many more crazy things. the other day I saw one of the worst i have ever seen. poor kid. after work i called my mom and we were talking and i mentioned the meltdown. she told me that from her experience most meltdowns are caused because the child is either tired or hungry and or both. i can see that, they have been shopping with mom all day and have missed their normal routine and are just not sure how to express or contain their emotions.

Well I am 26 and almost had one myself yesterday. It was fast Sunday and I had been at church longer than normal and was super hungry. As the meeting was suppose to be coming to a close more and more people went up to bare their testimony. now they were all great but we have not gotten out of church on time for the past month. me and my roommate Emma were about to scream. then when they ended the song was suppose to be sung at a tempo of 112-130 and i think that we sang it at 2 ( OK so that is a little over exaggerated but i was really hungry) Emma and I could not take it and just started laughing and mocking. then i felt bad. as soon as amen was said i turned to Emma and said "I have to leave or I am going to be super mean to very nice people" she totally understood and felt the same way.

I ran out of church and quickly came home and got some food in me. it was amazing how close to tears i was. I had to call my mom and just laugh about how her 26 year old daughter almost had a melt down like a 2 year old. we just laughed and decided that anyone could have one for the same reasons as a 2 year old. hungry and tired. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got some food! Although...I can't imagine you being mean to anyone!!!! I must always be starving or tired because lately I feel constantly close to a tantrum/meltdown! :) Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete