Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spencer In the MTC

Yeah! He made it and is Alive!

Here is his first letter to let us know he made it.


Hello Mother. I have made it here to Ghana Safely. All is going well. They gave us a few short minutes to send a quick email saying that we made it ok. The plane ride was good. Long, but good. I was able to sleep most of the way. We all made it through customs ok. when they picked us up the stuffed all of our luggage into one van and all of us elders into another van. It was super packed and VERY hot in there. it was a cool to see all of the people on the street trying to sell stuff to the cars that went by. It made traffic pretty slow though. but we made it. The MTC doesn't have a lot of AC. only in the Chapel. That is now my new favorite room. :)  I was still a little tired when we got to the MTC but after a nights rest I'm doing well.
 
 It is super hot here! I don't think i have ever sweat so much in my life while just sitting down, or even sleeping for that matter. The meals haven't been too bad so far. This morning we had a hot dog for breakfast with some onions and some sauce on it. I guess that is pretty common here.  And i guess you could have called it a hot dog bun. but it surely wasn't. it was just a big piece of bread that had a slice in it to place the hot dog.
 
My companion is Elder Ihejirika. He is from Nigeria and will be serving there after our stay at the MTC. We all got paired up with elders from Nigeria or Ghana. There is about 5 or 6 of us that will be heading to Sierra Leone together. All American except one, i think. They are all so awesome. They are all so willing to wait on us and serve us. They are really nice and awesome. I felt bad because when we were unpacking our things I have like triple the amount of stuff as my companion.
 
It isn't as sunny as I thought it would be, but that is because of how humid it is. It covers the sky. They said that it isn't always like this. So hopefully I will get to see some blue sky in a little bit. They said it might rain in the next day or so. so i guess we will see how bad it really is.
 
Well, my time is up and we have to go back to class now. I love you all a lot! I'll talk to you soon.
 
Love Elder Jones

Then we got another E-Mail :) (we were told the he would not be able to e-mail us so we are grateful that he can) 
 He told us that he is getting used to the heat. That he got to go to the Temple. and is just doing well. He sent some pictures and I am just so excited for him. I miss him tons and cried when I saw these just cause I knew that he is doing what he is suppose to and is actually there.



LOVE YOU SPENCER! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment