Saturday, March 24, 2012

Elder Spencer Jones



Wednesday the 21st was spent with Me, Mom and Spencer finishing all the last minute things to get Spencer packed and ready to go. We made 2-3 trips to Wal-Mart (we found out that Spencer had a secret love with Wal-Mart or that he was just going to miss having one). They covered Mom’s bed with all of his stuff and his suit cases. Mom worked her packing magic and got everything in. We sent him with 2 things of peanut butter, toothpaste, shampoo, and a lot of other things that we did not have to send DJ with. :)

We got ready and then Went to dinner at Red Robin for Spencer’s “Last Meal” then we went to President Richins office and Spencer got set apart. I had been holding the teas in all day but by the end of the night I just could not hold it in anymore. President Richins did a great job and gave Spencer a wonderful blessing. Mom got to put his tags on him and then we went home.

When I got home I changed into jammies and lost it! Complete sobs as I lay in my bed. So I just pray and prayed and prayed until I felt better. I know that Heavenly Father is going to watch over Spencer as he is in such a 3rd world country and that he will watch over me and my family when he is gone.

I woke up the next morning with my eyes super puffy but ready for the day as much as I could be. I was hoping I could be all cried out. :)  I got ready and then asked Spencer what he wanted for breakfast. He wanted his favorite French toast and some sausage. I headed to the store to get the sausage when I saw an accident. It was the car in front of me so I stopped and made sure they were OK, called the cops and waited until they arrived. In the meantime friends and neighbors saw that I was there and call to make sure I was OK. I told them it was not me but I was grateful they thought of me and offered to help. After that I continued on my trip to Bowman’s for sausage and then returned home. We had breakfast finished a few last minuet things (Spencer took another trip to Wal-Mart) and packed up the car and went to the airport.

We got there and went down to the ticket counter and got him all checked in. A very nice man helped us and gave Spencer some advice on his transfer and how to do some other things. We were doing good on the crying font until Mom started and then we all kind of lost it for a second. We pulled it together and went over to the side to wait for Brooke and Logan to come. When they came Brooke started crying and then Spencer and then it was a cry fest.

We finished taking pictures and then we went up to the security line. We gave our final hugs and Lost it again. We followed him through the line and until he made it through security. There were a couple of other missionaries in line with him so it was great that he had someone with him.

Even though I am going to miss him terribly Spencer is going to be a GREAT missionary! He is going to help so many people and touch the lives of so many more. He will face tons of new challenges and experience’s but he is young and brave and will accomplish a lot.

It is going to be weird not to have him around and I am going to miss his since of humor and a great friend and brother.













No comments:

Post a Comment