Friday, August 20, 2010

Cupcake Contest






















Temptations Bakery and The Herald Journal in Logan sponsored a cupcake contest today. I heard about it about a month ago and decided I wanted to enter. I went on the search for a new, fun and yummy recipe. I came up with a few and kept asking my coworkers, roommates and family about what one sounded better and they were all so helpful and willing to take the plunge and try them. :) the one that I ended up making is one I found on Brittney Probst blog one day as I was blog stocking at work. I did ask her if it was hers and she said she found it somewhere. It is super wonderful and to whoever make it up Thanks cause it is great.




I did not win anything in the contest. There were 50 different entry's. But I had fun making them and entering. This was my first cooking contest and I am already planning for the next one. I love to cook!!! Oh, my friend Whitney Olsen won for best cake. she made a crembule cupcake. She is amazing





So the pictures are of the process. I spent all day and had a blast. It was me, the kitchen, and cupcakes. what a great day!




Oh here is the recipe. Go ahead and try it :)


Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes


1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar

4 large eggs

1/2 cup sour cream

2 3/4 cups flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 cup milk

2 Tbsp lemon zest

2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice


Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare the cupcake pan with liners. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each one. Mix in sour cream until blended. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternation with the milk, and ending with the milk. now mix in lemon juice and zest. Fill the cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes, test with a toothpick and cool on a wire rack.

Frosting:


2 Cups powder sugar

3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened

1 Tbsp Raspberry puree

1 Tbsp lemonade concentrate, thawed

1/2 tsp raspberry extract

Pinch of Salt


In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together all ingredients until smooth.

Spread over cooled cupcakes.


Super easy!! :)

1 comment: